* Avertissement: Ceci est un service de courtoisie que l’AFANB offre. L’offre d’emploi ou évènement ci-joint nous a été fourni en anglais.
SAWMILL OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 15,000 dedicated employees.
This Sawmill Operations Supervisor position has the potential to become part of the mill Leadership Team. The Sawmill Operations Supervisor will gain experience in both the Sawmill and the Planermill setting as required by the business.
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree, preferably in a technical, mechanical, or forestry related discipline
- Years of Experience Required: 4-7 years of supervisory experience in a production environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Committed to top performance in a safe work environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Available to work flexible hours
- Ensuring quality, safety and environmental standards are being met
- Performance management for a production team of 16-20 employees
- Training and development for team members
- Scheduling personnel, submitting weekly payroll, and generating daily reports
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by August 31, 2017.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.