Woodlands Forestry Superintendent
Location: The Pas, Manitoba
Closing Date: April 30, 2018
To view Job Positing visit: Woodlands Superintendent, Forestry
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development? Do you want to challenge yourself and build your career with a company that encourages you to be your best, as we forge ahead as a strong, independent Kraft Paper Company continuing to produce High Performance Kraft Paper for Global distribution? If so, we want you to be part of our team! We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in the success of our Company and where individual efforts are acknowledged.
Our structure and culture encourages innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice environmental sustainability.
Canadian Kraft Paper is seeking a highly motivated individual to assume an exciting, multifaceted roles within our Woodlands group. Under the direction of the Woodlands Manager – Forestry, the Forestry Superintendent is responsible for the engagement of Indigenous and other communities in forestry planning and operations. The Forestry Superintendent will lead a team in the development of the Company’s Annual Operating Plan, 20 year Forest Management Plan, mitigation of proposed harvest areas, forest renewal of harvested areas, maintenance and updating the Environmental Management System and the Sustainable Forest Management Plan, public communication on forest management activities, compliance with federal and provincial legislation and regulations. The Forestry Superintendent will work closely with government and First Nations on development of management strategies and guidelines.
• University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry;
• 5-10 years related industry experience;
• Must possess a good understanding of operational forest management including planning of all silviculture activities, site preparation and scarification and silvicultural surveys
• Good understanding of use of technology such as GIS, GPS and tablets:
• Thorough understanding of forest policy, guidelines, and regulations;
• A proven commitment to safety;
• Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills;
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills;
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and maintain current knowledge of government policies and regulations.
Living in The Pas
The Pas community is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence outdoor adventure abounds set to the raw natural beauty that attracts visitors from around the world.
The traditional meeting place between Native trappers and the French and English fur traders has grown beyond its longstanding resources of trapping and fishing to truly become the Gateway to the North – a bountiful, proud and progressive community now firmly based upon a solid and diversified industrial foundation of agriculture, forestry, transportation and tourism.
To apply: If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and being a part of our team, please submit your resume to email@example.com