Timber Pricing Officer, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Location: Prince George
Closing Date: May 9, 2018
To view the complete Job Posting visit: Timber Pricing Officer_BC
The Timber Pricing Officer works with appraisal staff and directs and monitors the Area’s timber pricing activities by developing and implementing regional appraisal procedures and guidelines, ensuring adherence to appraisal policies, reviewing and resolving appraisal disputes, acting as senior resource person for appraisal issues, preparing reports, analysis and recommendations, communicating with clients and making stumpage rate determinations.
• Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, as a Registered Professional Forester with the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (ABCFP).
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or other directly related discipline as recognized by the ABCFP.
• Experience leading multidisciplinary groups and projects in natural resource management.
• Experience identifying linkages in issue, determining cause and effect and providing sound advice to statutory decision makers.
• At least 3 years of current appraisals, timber pricing policy and procedures experience
• Experience in consulting with stakeholders in natural resource management.
• Experience managing concurrent and complex priorities to produce results within restrictive timeframes.
For more information and to apply online by May 9, 2018, please go to: Timber Pricing Officer