Woodlands Operations Planner
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Woodlands Operations Planner.
Location: Al-Pac Boyle millsite, Alberta
Closing Date: March 31, 2019
For more Information: WOODLANDS OPERATIONS PLANNER
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday-Thursday, 7:00a.m. – 5:00p.m., at times requiring extended working hours or days. The position is located at our millsite, with travel required within our Forest Management Agreement Area (FMA). The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
• Work with a third party consultant to develop harvest plans, layout and obtain approval for approximately 1,800,000 m3 annually.
• Liaise with Government personnel to obtain plan approval.
• Support harvest operations as required.
• Participate in consultation with Indigenous and local communities.
• Work with local quota holders to integrate plans.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to actively seek out innovative solutions to multiple challenges involving various stakeholder objectives.
• Map production.
• Data management.
• GIS spatial analysis.
• Apply decision support tools to identify opportunities and support business decisions.
• Contribute, perform and be accountable for team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community, and environmental objectives.
- B.Sc. in Forestry or diploma from a recognized forestry school.
- Must be eligible to register for a professional designation in Alberta.
- Self-motivated individual who works well within a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- GIS/GPS experience with ability to use ArcGIS.
- Experience with Woodstock Modeling platform and REMSOFT analytics platform would be an asset.
To Apply: Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.