Forestry Superintendent – Silviculture
Location: High Level, AB
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted at Tolko until the position has been filled.
Job Posting: For complete view of job posting download: Forestry Superintednant | Tolko
Under the direction and supervision of the Woodlands Manager, the Forestry Superintendent provides leadership for the silviculture program across Tolko’s High Level Woodlands operations which encompasses a geographical area of diverse ecology and silviculture practices. Leading a team of professionals, the Forestry Superintendent is responsible for preparing budgets, planning silviculture programs, and meeting all regulatory and environmental obligations in the most cost effective manner. Additionally, the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring personal, company, and contractor safety in all areas of the workplace.
The Forestry Superintendent interfaces internally with other woodlands departments as well as outside contractors, First Nations, Government agencies, and other key stakeholders.
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry;
- Active Registered Professional Forester (CAPF) or Forest Technician (CAPFT) designation;
- Good understanding of Alberta forest policies, guidelines, and regulations;
- Possess a positive attitude, self-initiative and motivation;
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accountability;
- 5-10 years of experience in forest management;
- Must be a strong team player with exceptional organization, communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills.