Environmental Inspector | EcoFor
Job ID Number: 2019-023
Location: British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon Territory and Nova Scotia
Closing Date: July 31, 2019
For more details: Environmental Inspector-Various
Ecofor Consulting Ltd. is a natural and cultural resource management company with a team of over 50 professional and technical employees. Ecofor has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon Territory and Nova Scotia (www.ecofor.ca).
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals? Ecofor is currently seeking an Environmental Inspector to join our team. This is a full-time position offering competitive wages, benefits and opportunities for professional growth and career development. This is a camp-based shift position and the successful candidate will be flown to and from camp (from their home base).
- Develop, review, implement environmental management plans.
- Develop, review, implement effective environmental mitigation measures.
- Conduct day to day environmental inspections.
- Review and direct contractors in the installation of stream crossing structures, water quality and fish salvage, and sediment and erosion control activities.
- Respond to environmental incidents.
- Work with management and construction teams to ensure compliance with environmental best practices, commitments, permits, laws and regulations and develop recommendations to resolve non-conformance.
- Promote a strong safety culture and work collaboratively within Ecofor corporate culture.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree (BSc.) or Technical Diploma in biology, forestry, agriculture or environmental studies.
- Accreditation (or eligibility) with the Association of BC Professional Foresters (RPF), BC College of Applied Biology (RPBio), Alberta Association of Professional Biologists (PBiol) or the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC).
- 3+ years of relevant experience as an environmental inspector of pipelines or related construction activities, including sediment and erosion control measures.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Federal, Provincial environmental best practices, laws and regulations.
- Ability to identify and manage issues within a construction environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with agencies, clients, contractors and co-workers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Physically fit and able to travel and work in remote settings under adverse conditions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and preferably can operate ATVs and/or UTVs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2019. Please include the Job ID number(s) you are applying for in your cover letter/ resume.
We wish to thank everyone for their interest in Ecofor; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.