Operations Supervisor – Woodlands | AV Group NB Inc.
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and providing leadership for the harvesting, Trucking, Rd Building and Maintenance operations on AV Group’s Crown Timber Licenses and Freehold Lands. This role will be based out of our Atholville Office, however location in Northern NB will be flexible.
For the full job posting read: Operations Supervisor – Woodlands – August 2019
Closing Date: September 20th, 2019.
- Coordinating and manage harvesting, road building and transportation contractors on crown and freehold lands, ensuring all health, safety and environmental regulation are met and exceeded.
- Coaching contractors to ensure production, delivery and quality targets are consistently met and deliveries are on time and on budget
- Provide the leadership required to foster an environment of continuous improvement across the operation
- 3-5 Years progressive experience
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Promote and support all safety and environmental initiatives when performing roles and responsibilities
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Is an energetic, enthusiastic, and team oriented individual
- Strong understanding of forestry operations.
- Exceptional organization, decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Computer skills (MSOffice)
- Lean six sigma training would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset
- Candidates with a degree or Diploma in Forestry or related field are encouraged to apply
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources Department before September 20th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.