Date(s) - March 8, 2016
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Climate Change Training for Forest Practitioners in NB | March 7-9, 2016
On March 7th, 8th and 9th there will be an opportunity for hands-on training into the planning and application of climate change considerations for forest managers. This training is designed for all natural resource managers across the Maritimes who are interested in actively enhancing the ability of forests to cope with changing climate conditions. Individuals and small teams can participate in this training. The training enables participants to incorporate applicable adaptation into a current forest management plan. The workshop will take place in Fredericton, NB. Space is limited to 40 participants. (A preliminary agenda is attached for your reference.)
Outcomes: Participants will be able to;
- Identify and understand climate change trends, future projections, and forest impacts
- Describe regional and local effects of climate change on forest ecosystems
- Contextualize the Canadian Council of Forest Ministers recently released, “Guidebook for Assessing Vulnerability and Mainstreaming Adaptation into Decision Making”
- Receive hands-on experience with species distribution models, and
- Identify and implement adaptation options specific to on-site conditions.
- Understand adaptation concepts and principles
- Apply the USFS’s Climate Change Response Framework to a current forest management project by:
o Identifying challenges and opportunities for management
o Developing actionable steps to adapt forests to changing conditions
o Implementing a “climate-informed” forest management plan
Registration cost includes lunch, refreshments, dinner on Monday evening, evening activities and a complete set of digital resources. (*ARPFNB members have a one-week advance registration until December 14th. After that it will be open to non-members.) Visit our website at ARPFNB | AFANB – Fees and Payments to reserve your space now with a credit card. Cash/cheque will also be accepted by Lori Curtis at the ARPFNB office; please contact her to make arrangements.
ARPFNB member $175
Non-member before Dec. 31 $175
Non-member after Dec. 31 $275
A block of rooms have been reserved at the Fredericton Inn for $114/night. (Group code is ARPFNB03). This rate includes breakfast and a free upgrade to the “deluxe” section of rooms. Registration also includes dinner at the hotel on Monday, March 7th for every registrant.
Address: 1315 Regent St.
Fredericton, NB, E3C 1A1
Phone: 1 (800) 561-8777
Fax: (506) 458-5448
Training Content – Kim Reeder, 506-467-1927, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration – Lori Curtis, 506-452-6933, email@example.com
Continuing Competency Credits:
March 7 = 6.0 hours
March 8 = 6.0 hours
March 9 = 6.0 hours
Back to Event LIst