Date(s) - March 26, 2020 - March 27, 2020
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
University of New Brunswick
Introduction to GIS in Forestry and Environmental Management ($395)
This 2-day introductory course is intended for professionals seeking a basic working knowledge of the ArcGIS software suite. Participants will gain hands-on experience with ArcGIS (provided) in a computer lab setting. As a result of the workshop, participants will be able to acquire, manage and use spatial data to develop, symbolize and share informative maps, perform common editing and geoprocessing operations and interchange between GIS and GPS data formats.
- Common data types in GIS
- Common data and map projections that might be encountered
- Building information maps by: Creating an ArcMap project; Adding and symbolizing GIS data; Incorporating public base map data; Using and modifying map templates.
- Sharing GIS data and maps by: Exporting PDF maps; Sharing Layer and Map Packages.
- Work with common GPS data formats by: Importing GPX data into Arc GIS; Exporting GIS data to GPX format.
- Build and modify GIS data by: Common geoprocessing tools; Data selections and queries; Basic spatial data editing.
ARPFNB CCC = 15 for the Full WorkshopBack to Event LIst