*Avertissement: Ceci est un service de courtoisie que l’AFANB offre. L’offre d’emploi ou évènement ci-joint nous a été fourni en anglais.
MAINTENANCE LEAD HAND
At J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) our role as stewards of the land is one of the most important we play. Our business begins with the forest.
J.D. Irving Woodlands is JDI’s division dedicated to overseeing sustainable forest management, research and conservation, and protection of our forests from fire and insect outbreaks. Focused on rigorous land management and responsible stewardship, Irving Woodlands is guided by a 100-year Management Plan that preserves the environmental and ecological integrity of our land, air, water and wildlife. We are committed to applying disciplined science, advanced technology and best practices while ensuring accountability through independent audits and environmental certification.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Lead Hand for our State-of-the-Art Tree Seedling and Seed Potato Production Facility at the Juniper Tree Nursery located in Juniper, New Brunswick. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and directing the implementation of the nursery repair and maintenance plan in consultation with nursery staff.
- Overseeing, executing and directing maintenance operations on a day-to-day basis
- Assisting nursery staff during the core operations ensuring daily maintenance of the equipment
- Ensuring that all greenhouse equipment is fully operational prior to sowing
- Liaising with the Deersdale garage on the status of all rolling equipment ensuring it is safe and operational
- Development and implementation of a repair and maintenance history data base for all major nursery equipment
- Participation in the maintenance and implementation of an effective risk management plan
- Providing input into annual capital expense planning and implementation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- A license in electrical, mechanical or carpentry would be considered an asset.
- Safety focused for every task as well as compliance with required standards.
- Mechanically oriented with a strong understanding and skills in mechanical devices, controls, electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- A leader at ease supervising crews and meeting agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands on, flexible and doesn’t mind lending a hand in various nursery operations from time to time
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by August 31, 2017.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.