*Avertissement: Ceci est un service de courtoisie que l’AFANB offre. L’offre d’emploi ou évènement ci-joint nous a été fourni en anglais.
Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc.
**Based out of our Boyle location**
Al-Pac is a world leader in the production of high-quality kraft pulp. These positions are located at the millsite, which is a comfortable 2-hour drive North of Edmonton, Alberta.
- Work with a third party consultant to develop harvest plans, layout and obtain approval for approximately 1,800,000 m3 annually.
- Liaise with Government personnel to obtain plan approval.
- Support harvest operations as required.
- Participate in consultation with Indigenous and local communities.
- Work with local quota holders to integrate plans.
- In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, actively seek out innovative solutions to multiple challenges involving various stakeholder objectives.
- Map production.
- Data management.
- GIS spatial analysis.
- Apply decision support tools to identify opportunities and support business decisions.
- Contribute, perform and be accountable for team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community and environmental objectives.
- Sc. in Forestry or diploma from a recognized forestry school.
- Must be eligible to register for a professional designation in Alberta.
- Self-motivated individual who works well within a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- GIS/GPS experience with ability to use arcview/arcmap.
- Experience with Woodstock Modeling platform and REMSOFT analytics platform would be an asset.
Mail, fax or e-mail your application in confidence to:
Human Resources, Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc.
P.O. Box 8000
Boyle, Alberta T0A 0M0
FAX: (780) 525-8028
Closing date to apply for this position is January 8, 2018
Your application for employment is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Alberta-Pacific respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information and will retain this information for a period of one year after which it will be destroyed.
Alberta-Pacific is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full compensation package complete with relocation provisions.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.