Operations Supervisor – Woodlands
Location: Nackawic, NB
Closing Date: March 9, 2018
To view complete Job Posting visit: Operations Supervisor-Woodlands
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: Operations Supervisor – Woodlands Role
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and providing leadership for the harvesting, Trucking, Rd Building and Maintenance operations on AV Group’s Crown Timber Licenses and Freehold Lands.
- Coordinating and manage harvesting, road building and transportation contractors on crown and freehold lands, ensuring all health, safety and environmental regulation are met and exceeded.
- Coaching contractors to ensure production, delivery and quality targets are consistently met and deliveries are on time and on budget
- Provide the leadership required to foster an environment of continuous improvement across the operation
- 5 Years progressive experience
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Previous experience with wood procurement and private purchasing considered an asset
- Promote and support all safety and environmental initiatives when performing roles and responsibilities
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Is an energetic, enthusiastic, and team oriented individual
- Strong understanding of forestry operations.
- Exceptional organization, decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Computer skills (MSOffice)
- Lean six sigma training would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset
- Candidates with a degree or Diploma in Forestry or related field are encouraged to apply
To view the entire job posting refer to this link: Operations Supervisor – Woodlands – Av Group_February 2018