Director, Resource Authorizations and Director, Resource Management | BC Public Service
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development
Location: Fort St. John
Closing Date: November 5, 2018
Two full time positions are available in Fort St. John
Salary $87,600.00 – $114,100.00 annually
Director of Resource Authorizations is accountable for the delivery of region-wide operations and the coordination of consistent delivery of regional activities associated with but not limited to Lands, Water, First Nations Relations, and Front Counter BC under provincial policy, legislative direction and cabinet mandate within the ministry. This is an exciting multi-faceted role that deals with a broad scope of people and natural resource management issues.
Director of Resource Management is accountable for the delivery of region-wide operations and the coordination of consistent delivery of district activities under provincial policy and legislative direction within the ministry. This integral role is focused on wildlife and ecosystem health and directs, manages and supports professional biologists in the delivery of regional business goals.
If you have demonstrated exceptional leadership, highly effective communication skills, enjoy working with a staff of talented professionals, have a passion for BC’s Natural Resources, and are seeking a rewarding, meaningful career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a field related to Natural Resources Management or Business/Public Administration or acceptable equivalent.
- Considerable experience in a senior operational management capacity in the public sector or industry including business and organizational planning accountabilities.
- Experience dealing with politically sensitive and provincially significant issues and with developing policy, procedures and corporate practices.
- Considerable experience leading and coaching diverse teams. Preference may be given to applicants who have experience supervising within a unionized work environment.
- Experience in financial and human resource management.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have experience working within a matrix management structure where objectives are achieved by working across organizational boundaries, engaging in collaborative strategizing and reaching decisions through consensus.
For more information on Job Posting and to apply by November 5, 2018, please go to: Apply Here