Logging Planner | J.D. Irving, Limited
Location: Sussex, NB
To view the full Job Posting: Logging Planner
- Determine the layout of blocks and roads
- Conduct watercourse and environmental assessments
- Detailed description of the blocks
- GPS data collection
- Correction and modification of data collected in the field in the GIS software
- Pre-harvest assessments
- Determine the season, system and prescription of harvest blocks
- Plan the most efficient and productive harvesting operations while following management’s plans and adhering strictly to the company’s environmental rules and policies.
- Post-secondary education in forestry or a related field
- Willingness to work outdoors in all climate conditions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Practical knowledge of GPS and GIS devices would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Logging Planner