Operations / Roads Coordinator
Location: Boyle, Alberta
Closing Date: March 31, 2019
For complete Job Posting see: Al Pac 1902034
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Operations/Roads Coordinator.
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday-Thursday, 7:00a.m. – 5:00p.m., at times requiring extended working hours or days. The position is located at our millsite, with travel required within our Forest Management Agreement Area (FMA). The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
• Responsible for the delivery of quality of logs to the mill.
• Coordinate logging, hauling, road construction, road maintenance, reclamation activities, and associated contract management.
• Assist in managing/planning the Capital road construction and Capital road maintenance infrastructure upgrades
• Liaise with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry (AAF) to obtain plan approvals and meet legislative requirements.
• Work with local stakeholders and First Nations to obtain economic opportunities.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and promote local aboriginal initiatives.
• Contribute, perform and be accountable for team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community and environmental objectives.
• Prepare and report variance to budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Foster and support an environment of continuous improvement and new approaches to forest management.
• BSc FE or P. Eng. preferred; BSc or diploma in Forestry from a recognized forestry school will be considered.
• Must be eligible to register for a professional designation in Alberta.
• 10 years of experience in forestry road construction and supervision experience (planning, supervision, cost tracking, and maintenance scheduling of capital roads).
• Forest Engineering or Civil Engineering experience in the Resource Industry Sector will be considered.
• A strong background in forest operations (planning, harvest, haul, road construction, reclamation, and silviculture) is an asset.
• GIS mapping and road engineering experience is an asset.
• Familiarity with provincial and federal legislation pertaining to water acts, dispositions, etc. is an asset.
• Self-motivated individual who works well within a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent problem solving, decision making, and project management skills.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.