WIT Woodlands Supervisor (3 Vacancies)| Tolko
Duration: 23 Month Term Assignment(s)
Location(s): High Level, AB; Slave Lake, AB; and Meadow Lake, SK
For complete job posting download: WIT Woodlands Supervisor
Reporting to the Harvesting Superintendent, the WIT Woodlands Supervisor will work closely with harvesting contractors to ensure forestry equipment monitoring devices are running properly and efficiently, while supporting the operations team within the division by installing, troubleshooting, repairing, reporting, and knowledge transfer of FPdat’s or other equipment telematic devices.
Internally, the WIT Woodlands Supervisor will work closely with other Woodlands staff and divisional contacts, while building and maintaining external relationships with harvesting contractors, consultants, government agencies, First Nations Bands and Metis Settlements, Oil & Gas industry representatives, trappers, private organizations, and with the general public.
Effective communication and supervisory skills are an essential component of this role. The successful incumbent will possess technical forestry skills as well as a thorough understanding of applicable forestry and environmental legislation.
• Participate in the safety program, ensures safe work procedures and takes corrective action when required;
• Represent the Division and the Company at various forestry related committee meetings;
• Supervise contractors and consultants and ensure compliance with company safety policy and requirements;
• Ensure that all mobile equipment is kept in good condition and serviced at the proper intervals;
• Follow procedures and ensure completion of responsibilities required through the Environmental Management System and/or other forestry certification initiatives to which the division has committed;
• Support and explore innovative ideas that further Tolko’s strategic plan;
• Ensure all accidents/incidents and near misses are reported;
• Keep abreast of technological changes to maintain cost effective programs
• University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry;
• Be a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Forest Technician (RFT) or be eligible for registration;
• 3 to 5 years of related (industry) experience;
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management skills as well as the ability to handle frequent work priority changes;
• Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
• Resourceful team player with ability to work independently and in the field;
• A proven commitment to safety;
• Must possess a good understanding of technical forest management including planning, logging systems and GIS;
• Thorough understanding of forest policy, guidelines, and regulations;
• Proficiency in computer systems and software skills (i.e. ESRI, Microsoft Suite, Apple Products)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you!
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.