Planning Forester & Silviculture Forester | ANC Timber Ltd.
Location: Whitecourt, Alberta
Closing Date: Positions remain opened until filled
For More Information: ANC Jobs
ANC – Great Company, Great Lifestyle
OA partnership between the Stern Partners and West Fraser, ANC has been in operation since 1989. We are the lowest cost producer of lightweight paper products in North America and have branched out into a variety of paper grades and businesses to maintain our competitive edge. At ANC, our goal has al-ways been to empower our people to run our business in a way that allows employees and the company to grow, diversify and prosper.
Whitecourt, located less than 2 hours from Edmonton, is a thriving community of 10,000. The extensive recreation opportunities, including the Allan & Jean Millar Centre, Rotary Park and Eastlink Ski and Tube Park, make it a great place to call home.
ANC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and competency, an annual bonus plan and excellent group benefits. Professional development is encouraged and we encourage work life balance including flexible work hours.
ANC is a place where you will be able to use your:
- Degree or diploma in Forestry (RPF/RPFT eligible)
- Desire to make your job a place you enjoy
The ideal candidate has:
- Desire to understand the connections between silviculture, planning and operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a field environment
- Ability to develop and execute plans
- Ability to manage contractors
- Working knowledge of ESRI software
- Experience with forest certification