General Manager | S.N. B. Forest Products Marketing Board
Closing Date: September 10th, 2019.
For the complete posting read: General Manager SNB Marketing Board
The SNB Forest Products Marketing Board (“SNB Marketing Board”) was formed in 1979 representing over +8,000 private woodlot owners. It represents the owners of approximately 1 million acres (404, 000 hectares) of forest land in the Counties of Albert, Kings, Queens, Saint John, and the parish of Salisbury in Westmorland County. The SNB Marketing Board is committed to sustainable management of private woodlots and offers various land management services to its members. In addition, SNB Marketing Board delivers an annual Silviculture program funded by the Province of New Brunswick, the Board and its landowners.
Reporting directly to the SNB Marketing Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the Marketing Board. The Marketing Board must adhere to existing provincial legislation and regulations, and policies as established by the Board of Directors.
The General Manager is responsible to initiate, promote and manage positive relationships with all stakeholders to ensure that the mission and goals of the Marketing Board are met.
The General Manager supports initiatives that help members realize the maximum sustainable value from their woodlots, while following sound forest management principles and practices that promote long term sustainability of the resource.
- Develop and manage the overall budgets for the SNB Marketing Board.
- Responsible for the administration and management of the staff and operations, ensuring that every aspect is performed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff, woodlot owners, industries, public, other woodlot owner organizations, associations and government departments. Identify markets for forest products by building relationships with mills receiving forest products.
- Works to achieve fair prices for forest products supplied by woodlot owners.
- Promotes sound forest management and sustainable harvest levels within the SNB Marketing Board region.
- Responsible for the oversight, development and execution of the Provincial Silviculture Program
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry, Business Administration or applicable field, and or applicable work experience.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in general management or applicable managerial work experience
- Well established organizational and communication skills, Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and to manage in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong Leadership and communication skills
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to the NB Forest Products Commission before September 10th, 2019. E-mail NBFPC-CPFNB@gnb.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted