Woodland Supervisor – Tolko
Location: Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan
For the complete Job Posting go to: Woodlands Supervisor_Tolko
Applications will accepted at www.tolko.com
Under the direct supervision of the Forestry Superintendent, the Woodlands Supervisor provides professional, technical and administrative services in the areas of Operational Forest Development, Harvesting, and Road Construction. Duties of this position include: operational planning, full-phase cutting permit development to meet regional Standing Timber Inventory objectives, implementing harvesting and road construction plans, and ensuring plan consistency and quality. This position will require an individual who is:
• Able to work in remote area with flexible work arrangements;
• Able to supervise activities consistent with legislative and mill volume requirements, and allow efficient access to wood supply;
• Adaptable to change and can manage multi projects and targets while providing active contractor supervision.
• Class 5 drivers license in good standing;
• University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry;
• Active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technician (RFT);
• 3-5 years relevant experience;
• Strong understanding of technical forest management including operational planning, logging systems, and silviculture systems;
• Demonstrated analytical, communication and computer skills, including ArcGIS, are required for this position;
• Possess a positive attitude and high degree of motivation;
• Proven ability to work with First Nations, external stakeholders, and government agencies;
• Attention to detail and a willingness to learn are a necessity;
• Team player with strong organizational skills.
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada. At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence. We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.